7th Zagreb Police College Research Days: First-announcement and Call for papers
On behalf of the Centre for Police Research, the Police College in Zagreb and Police Academy of the Ministry of the Interior, we announce with great pleasure the upcoming international scientific and professional conference „7th Zagreb Police College Research Days - Understanding New Security Challenges “, which will take place on 16 and 17 April 2020.
This event will also mark the 50th anniversary of the Police College. The Police College was founded in the academic year 1970/1971 and in its beginnings it offered an associate’s degree programme.
The aim of this conference is to address numerous security challenges on a global level and to gather experts from various interdisciplinary fields which cover different aspects of security. The conference will provide the opportunity to discuss security issues, practice-based and scientific experiences, take a stance and eventually find answers to questions on how to deal with security challenges now and in the future.
The topics will include:
- Evidence-based policing and police reforms
- Development and improvement of police education
- Comparative and interdisciplinary perspectives on scientific research in the field of security
- Smart cities: practical experiences and scientific research
- New trends in crime prevention
- New development in criminal investigation
- Application of new technologies in investigating crime
- Modern methods of solving crime
- Current security issues and trends
- Databases - benefit and/or misuse
- Cybersecurity and cyber vulnerability
- Researching radicalization and terrorism
- Migrants as victims and/or perpetrators of deviant behaviour
- Policing in vulnerable populations
- Different approaches and trends in international police cooperation
- Plural policing: challenges and perspectives
- Reorganisation and improvement of civil protection system based on new security challenges
- Critical infrastructure protection and new security challenges
The conference organized by the Police College of the Ministry of the Interior will take place on 16 and 17 April 2020 at the Police Academy in Zagreb, Avenija Gojka Šuška 1.
- Conference: 16 and 17 April 2020
- Deadline for abstract submission: 21 October 2019
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 11 November 2019
- Deadline for paper submission: 2 January 2020
- Deadline for paper review process: 1 February 2020
- Notification of paper acceptance and deadline for registration fee: 20 March 2020
Submitted papers will be selected after a double-blind review. Only papers with positive reviews will be presented at the conference and published in the Conference Proceedings.
The working languages at the conference will be English and Croatian.
In order to complete registration, please fill in the form.
Authors who submit their abstracts in the Croatian language are also required to submit the English version.
The papers will be selected by the Programme Committee of the Conference.
Upon completion of the initial review of abstracts, conference participants should follow the Guidelines for authors on how to write and structure their paper and submit full papers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee: 300 HRK (40 €) for presenters and 600 HRK (80 €) for non-presenters. The registration fee covers conference lunch at the Police Academy.
The registration fee in Euros will be paid to the foreign currency account:
SWIFT CODE: NBHRHR2XXXX
REMARK: RKP 713 MINISTRY OF INTERIOR HR65 7099-019-713-5531317, Ministarstvo financija, Katančićeva 5, 10000 Zagreb (Ministry of Finance)
The registration fee in HRK will be paid to the current account at Hrvatska narodna banka, Trg hrvatskih velikana 3, 10000 Zagreb
IBAN: HR1210010051863000160; MODEL: HR65 7099-019-713-5531317.
Deadline for registration fees for all participants is 20 March 2020.
All information and instructions for abstract and paper preparation will be available on the web page of the Police Academy. If you require any further information contact us: email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you!
- Paper form (313kb)
- Author's Statement (423kb)
- Guidelines for authors on how to write and structure their paper (635kb)